Jun 7, 2011

We arrive!

We arrive London on June 7th, 2011 (my 41st birthday).  The trip started out great, they let us go into the Brithish Airways lounge to wait for our flight (they've never done that before).  They had yummy snacks & drinks, free wifi  & private bathrooms :)  Then we moved seats so that the girls & I had 3 bulkhead seats together.  John sat in a bulkhead aisle but across the way.  It was going well until Amber got sick - she threw up for hours.  It was serious stuff too - I went threw 4 waste bags, the stewardess had mercy on me - she brought me a bigger, plastic bag & said here this should hold you a little longer.  The only other thing of annoyance was they kept giving my kids meals to the lady next to us. She would eat her meal & then ours - who does that!  I wasn't upset more annoyed because we really weren't eating but it's the principal of the thing.  It took 2 rentals to get us home - we had 9 bags plus our carry on items.  Everyone was pushing or carrying suitcases - in hind sight I should of taken a photo, it would of been cute. 

We got home & everyone ran to check out their bedrooms.  The house has 4 floors & the ceilings on each floor are extra high - so I would guess we have to walk about 7 flights of stairs to get to the top floor.  That's a lot of steps, especially when you forget something on the main floor :)  The house seems smaller than when I saw it orignially.  I'm still waiting for our things to arrive, once they do - I'll take a video & post it.   There are no screens - my realtor said he made them for his house.  I think I'm going to ask him how & make some for this house.  I've already vacuumed up dead flies & bees and killed a couple spiders - yuk! 

We met the neighbor to our left - an older English gal (maybe 70) named Pamela.  In the 5 minutes I talked to her, I found out where everyone in the neighborhood is from, where they work & if they do anything annoying (one guy walks around outside in his pants (aka underwear) trying to get a phone signal).    Evidently that's frowned upon :0  She just sold a house in France & is back here to get knee surgery.  She did reccomend the Crown & Roses Pub - which is right down the street.  Being my birthday - we decided to give it a shot.  It's a lovely old pub with great food.  I'm sure we'll be dining there often. 

Well - it's 11:00 pm here, my 1st offical day in London is over - my family is sleeping.  I must say - I'm very excited about all the fun adventures we are going to go on in the next 3 years.

Note - tried the Twinings Peppermint Tea tonight.  Very mild, not super flavorful - on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best.  I would rate it a 1    

1 comment:

  1. Okay seriously...you had me laughing out loud. A guy outside trying to get a phone signal in his undies? Hilarious....I wonder what nickname they will come up with for your family! It's great to have ladies like that right next door because it is like your own personal neighborhood watch.

    As far as the stairs go, just think of how toned you will be when you get back her ;)

    ReplyDelete